1. Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) on 25 March 2016 announced that it successfully commissioned a
600 MW coal-based thermal power plant in Telangana.
2. The Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change on 23 March 2016 notified the E-Waste Management Rules, 2016.
3. The Reserve Bank of India on 17 March 2016 issued revised Framework for Revival and Rehabilitation of Medium, Small and Micro Enterprises (MSMEs). This revised Framework will supersede RBI’s earlier Guidelines on Rehabilitation of Sick Micro and Small Enterprises issued on 1 November 2012.
4. The Union Cabinet on 23 March 2016 gave its ex-post facto approval for a MoU between India and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to mobilise long term investment into the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF).
5. Punjab Legislative Assembly on 22 March 2016 passed The Punjab Settlement of Agricultural Indebtedness Bill, 2016. The bill specifies that the interest payable on debt shall be calculated at such rate as may be notified by the government.