Application Engineer Jobs in Chennai - Trimble Hiring for Freshers. Trimble Recruitment in Chennai for freshers as Application Engineer Position. Any graduate freshers are eligible to apply for this position. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online through the below provided link.
Application Engineer Jobs in Chennai:
|Job Role||Application Engineer|
|Industry Type||IT-Software / Software Services|
- The Systems/Application Engineer is responsible for the analysis, acquisition, installation, modification and support of operating systems, databases, utilities and internet/intranet-related tools and installation, configuration, and customization of enterprise applications.
- The Systems/Application Engineer will conduct systems programming and systems support activities such as installing new or revised system or application software.
- Someone in this position will modify, maintain and update system software such as backup scripts, logon procedures and other operations tools.
- The Systems/Application Engineer will provide Tier 3 Directly support for problem resolution including the support of end-customers in systems support.
- Develop, implement and maintain standard operating procedures, troubleshooting guidelines and general application support.
- Perform planning, pre-deployment testing and deployment of new Trimble products and update releases.
- Contribute in the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, procedures and associated plans to improve overall application quality, performance and stability.
- Work directly with Technical Support staff to assist customers and fulfill requests as required.
- Respond to customer’s support requests. Utilize internal resources and/or knowledge-base tools to diagnose and resolve technical issues. Escalate unresolved customer issues to appropriate staff or management.
- Assist QA in researching and verifying application defects and enhancement requests. Reports bugs, serious defects and requests to product development team.
- Perform operational and implementation tasks as assigned, including; assist with installs, server builds, configuring system hardware/software, assisting tech support with end user trouble-shooting, maintaining server farms, and performing upgrades for all MPS products in a hosted data center environment.
- Responsible for meeting SLA’s related to application availability and response times to service requests, incidents, and problem resolution.
- Perform day to day server application management, monitoring and incident response and resolution and working with the customer application development and technical support teams to establish effective application monitoring and to identify application changes to improve operations.
- Perform capacity planning and performance monitoring and trending of application behavior and recommending infrastructure or application changes to improve application performance
- Perform root cause analysis and problem resolution of operational issues involving interaction between applications, server hardware/firmware/OS and storage by working with software developers, QA, and other engineers.
- Participate in designing, configuring, and implementing new and enhanced server related systems that provide net improvements to Trimble’s business practices. This includes receiving and physical installation of server hardware.
- Follow policies, processes and procedures for managing IT systems, Incident, Availability, Problem, Change, Configuration, and other IT Service Management disciplines. Recognize process deficiencies and propose change and continual improvement
- Maintain appropriate backup systems for all assigned server resources.
- Maintain disaster recovery procedures for all assigned server resources.
- Develop and review operational instructions for peers and Help Desk staff.
- Share 24 hrs on-call responsibilities. Occasionally work weekends and off-hours.
- Must meet or exceed individual performance goals focused on maintaining and enhancing the quality of hosting of Trimble’s applications.
- Provide consulting and system audit to Trimble’s clients and partners.
- Participate in department/company meetings
- Keep up-to-date with server and systems technologies. This includes vender relations and for all assigned systems vender patches and fixes.
- As necessary, perform other duties as required.
Skills and Experience Required:
- The candidate should have a BS degree in an IT related field or equivalent training and experience managing systems and applications in an enterprise, mission critical environment.
- Experience supporting applications with high availability requirements in a 24x7 environment is required.
- The candidate must be service oriented and experienced in a process oriented environment.
- Experience with managing IT systems and technology –Windows, IIS, SQL Server, Cisco, SAN storage, etc. – is strongly desired.
- Previous application development and/or QA experience is strongly desired.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively present information and advocate positions to technical and non-technical persons in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to be on call 24x7 on a weekly rotation.
- Interest in learning new disciplines.
- Flexibility to work off-hours to support global project teams and to manage system changes during planned maintenance windows.
- Must be able to participate successfully as a member of a team-based environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment under deadline pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of customer and company information
Trimble Selection Process:
- Aptitude Test
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
Document Required (Original and Photocopies):
- SSC Marksheet
- HSC/Diploma Marksheet
- Graduation & Post Graduation all years’ mark sheets
- Photo ID proof (Pan Card/ Passport / Driving License / College ID)
- 2 photographs